Hi guys, I’m Clary. Today (The 22nd of January 2018) I chose to officially ‘launch’ my blog. By launch, I mean actually start promoting it on Pinterest and all that fun stuff! I have been writing up blog posts for about a 2 weeks before launch as I wanted to launch the blog with at least 20 posts. At the moment I am at 15 and that’s close enough for me!
I am a huuuuge lover of Income Reports and seeing how brand new bloggers like myself take their blog from 0 to (a hundred real quick). I mean from nothing to something, and I love to follow up on the progress they make and how long it takes for them to achieve their goals.
So because this is obviously my first-month blogging, I can’t give you guys an Income or Traffic or any reports for that matter.
What I can do though is share with you all the fun stuff I have written in my notepad, the goals I have set for myself and share with you what I want to achieve in my very first month of blogging.
You can expect a follow-up post on February the 22nd to see if I actually achieved my goals and how much traffic I managed to gain in my very first month of blogging! This will help you see how easy or hard it actually is to gain traction with a brand new blog!
Just so you all are aware – I have no previous experience blogging! So I am sure I will make many mistakes down the road but I love learning new things and blogging is something I have been wanting to get into for a long time.
I have been wanting to launch a blog of my own for about a year prior to this, mainly motivated by reading how other people did it. I have been a fan of mostly smaller bloggers who have blogs less than a year old as I feel I can learn a lot from them versus learning from people who have been in the game for years and years.
For the last 2 months, I have been reading every possible guide on how to start a blog and how to monetize a blog and can say it has been overwhelming as heck! I started a brand new Pinterest account 2 months ago and have managed to grow that from 0 to 322k average monthly viewers so I hope that will help me gain my initial traffic!
Okay onto my goals for February
Since I have only just launched my blog I obviously have a big fat 0 as traffic! So instead I will let you have a peek into my Pinterest analytics because I believe by increasing my impressions and viewers on Pinterest it will help gain traffic to this blog!
Here are my Pinterest stats on 22/01/18
I think it’s not the worst for only having started a new Pinterest account 2 months ago but I definitely want to see some more growth!
Now, for some reason, my monthly viewers’ stats haven’t updated in about a week because I took this screenshot on the 22nd but it only shows the analytics until the 14th. Might be a Pinterest glitch? Hopefully, they fix it soon as I find it really motivating to see that number steadily rise.
Goals for my first month of blogging:
- Achieve 1000 monthly page views – currently, have 0
- Gain my Pinterest average monthly viewers to 500k – current 322k
- Be a member of 60 Pinterest Group Boards – current 51
- Grow my Pinterest following to 300 – I currently have 209 followers
help me achieve that by following me on Pinterest, I will love you forever!
- Have 25 blog posts published on my blog – I currently have 15, well 16 together with this one!
- Have better sharing buttons on my blog to make it easy to share and make my content more pinnable
- Add a ‘Related Content’ Plugin to display related content on the bottom of each post
- Start growing my email list and come up with a freebie for my list
- Start commenting on other bloggers posts
- Create a Resources page for all the tools I use for blogging
- Publish at least 2 Original DIY Projects
- I think that’s about enough for goals for my first month. Notice I only choose to concentrate on Pinterest at the moment. The reason for that is, I believe Pinterest is honestly the best way to grow your blog.I will get on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter down the line but I just want to build a solid base first without spreading myself too thin. I believe concentrating on Pinterest alone will help me achieve that. Stay tuned for an in-depth guide to what I have been doing on Pinterest so far to grow from 0 to 322k monthly viewers and 0 to 209 followers in 2 months.
If you are reading this but you don’t have a blog of your own yet then you can check out my easy step-by-step guide on how to start your own blog today!
I would love yall’ to join me on this exciting journey! Please let me know if you are a new blogger like me and I would love to check your site out. Let me know your goals for your blog this month!
ps. if you found this post useful please make sure you pin it for later ↓