Hi, lovelies! It is the end of my first-month blogging and time to share my first month income report!
It sure has been a crazy ride!
First off I am so proud of myself for finally giving myself the kick in the butt and actually starting my blog. I have been wanting to start one for well over a year but I have always had 1 million excuses why not t
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosures policy for more info.
Now let’s start with the usual component of every single income report I have ever read!
Why am I sharing my income reports?
Honestly, if it wasn’t for other bloggers income reports I would have never even thought about starting my own blog. There’s just something so inspiring about them and they are my number 1 favorite blog posts to read.
I think by seeing what works for other bloggers you can learn what could work for you as well.
It can also help me stay on track with my goals and see if I am actually achieving them and if not what I could be doing differently.
Check out my other income reports here:
My Second Month Blog Income Report – March 2018
My Third Month Blogging Income Report – April 2018
My 4th Month May 2018 Blog Income Report – How I Made $1193 My 4th Month Blogging
Just note I share my income as it is earned not as it is paid out.
Some of these programs have 30 to 60 day payout time and I won’t see the actual money for a while. The reason I choose to share it that way is I find it more accurate and more current. A lot can change in 60 days in the blogging world!
These reports only cover the amount I have made DIRECTLY from this blog.
I do earn income online through other ways (surveys, non-blog related affiliate marketing, and freelancing). I won’t be sharing any of that income on these reports though.
February 2018 Monthly Summary
Since this was my very first-month blogging, everything was super new to me. I actually would have ever guessed that there is soooo much that goes into running a blog.
I have to say some more experienced bloggers make it look too easy.
What worked for me this month
Thanks to having some time off my 9-5 job I was able to write quite a lot of content and schedule it out for next month.
It feels good to have a buffer of content ready to go in case I fall off track or get lazy for a while. This month I relied heavily on promoting my Valentine’s Day content and thanks to that got quite a bit of traffic to my brand new blog!
I also worked on cleaning up my Pinterest boards because I had about 50 personal boards varying from puppies to hair extensions to cookie recipes. It was a mess!
I narrowed my boards down to only 19, all relevant to my niche and made board covers for all of them.
I also created my very first Group Board because I know how amazing they are for traffic.
ps. I would love it if you joined my board!
What didn’t work
I had a major mishap with some of my pins. Halfway through the month, I realized that some of my most popular pins were directed to a page of mine which was visible to ME ONLY!
I felt so disheartened and sad just thinking about how much traffic I lost because of it. It took me 6 hours to change all the URLs of every version of that pin I have ever pinned + double check all my other pins to make sure they lead to the correct site.
Lesson learned. Always triple check each and every one of your new pin before pinning/scheduling.
Growing my email list. I find growing my list so confusing and difficult! I signed up with Mailerlite, who were amazing and helped me through every issue I had but I still got stuck so many times due to my own lack of knowledge.
I feel next month I really need to concentrate more on learning everything there is to learn about email lists.
New posts added this month:
1. 13 Survey Sites to Make Money From Home
2. 30+ DIY Easter Crafts for Adults
3. How to Write Your First 4 Blog Posts
4. 30+ Gifts for Him Under $20
5. 13 DIY Bathroom Ideas on a Budget
6. DIY Pink Ombre Wall Art
7. 6 Ways to Make Money with a Blog for Beginners
February Traffic Report
I could have never dreamed that I would have such a huge amount of traffic in my very first month of blogging! I launched this blog on 22nd of January 2018 but I prefer to do this Income report on full calendar months.
So I am only counting the views from 1st of February onwards.
From the 1st of February to the 28th of February I reached 15 204 page views!
I also reached 12 531 sessions which is amazing as my #1 goal is to reach 25 000 sessions and apply to Mediavine.
February Income Report
- Affiliates* – $88.05
- Amazon Affiliates – $2.47 don’t laugh ok! I know this amount is small but I am actually super happy about it because I reached the 3 sales needed to make sure they won’t deactivate my account after 90 days. I am actually not sure if this is true anymore but It’s better to be safe I guess!
- Media.net – $2.72 – The reason this amount is so tiny with 15k page views is because I actually only had these ads on my site for a day to try them out. I choose not to run ads at this moment. Media.net is a great option for new bloggers because they accept pretty much anyone. I also prefer the look of Media.net ads as they don’t look spammy like AdSense does. With Media.net you also get your own account manager who helps you set up ads on your blog and comes up with ways to customize ads to fit your site.
*The Affiliates Include:
Bluehost – My Host of choice. They have amazing plans starting at only $3.95 a month which is so much cheaper than any other host I have found. They also have had amazing support and helped me a ton while I was setting up my blog and trying to figure out how everything works!
How to Make Your First Affiliate Sale in 24 Hours – This ebook is the reason I made any affiliate income in my first-month blogging! The book is jam-packed with amazing tips and great information on how to get started with affiliate marketing and is worth way more than the $25 price!
iGain – Survey Affiliates.
Shareasale – This one’s probably my favorite affiliate network at the moment. Shareasale has 3900+ Merchants whose products you can promote for a commission. Some of my favorites are Grammarly, Tailwind, Reebok, Lulus, and Wayfair. They have so many different merchants and something for every niche to promote.
Awin – Awin is one of the only places you can sign up to be an Etsy affiliate with. I absolutely love Etsy so I use Awin a lot to promote Etsy products. It does cost a $5 deposit to sign up with Awin but you get it back with your first payout.
ShopStyle Collective – Pay per Click service that pays you a tiny amount every time someone clicks on one of your affiliate links.
Because I prepaid all of my blogging expenses in December I didn’t really have any expenses this month.
I will still list these but just note they were all paid for/purchased in December and all of these are a yearly or lifetime(books, theme) plan so I don’t need to pay pretty much anything else until the December of 2018!
- Bluehost – $59.40 for 1 year of hosting. Bluehost has the best prices for new bloggers. I wish I went with the 3-year plan, to be honest, I am super happy with them so far. Plus they gave me a free domain name ( a $12 value!) You can get one too if you sign up using this link.
- Tailwind – $119 1 year. I would have never reached 15 204 monthly page views without Tailwind. This scheduling tool is honestly a game changer! It pins for me 24/7 and makes sure I have a steady flow of traffic. If you want to try Tailwind out for yourself for a free month, sign up here!
- How to make your first affiliate sale in 24 hours – $25 I earned back the money I spent on this book in just a few days! This book helped me learn everything about affiliate marketing and how to make passive income from it.
- Bluchic Theme – $55.30 on sale I love the Victoria theme I got. It was so easy to set up and Bluchic have great customer service and answered any questions I had in less than an hours time!
That is all that I’ve spent so far on this blog! As you can see the set-up costs are crazy low. What other business you could start with less than $300?!
Technically even less than $60 because all you need to start a blog and start earning an income is the hosting.
If you want to start a money making blog of your own check out my easy step-by-step guide on how to start your own blog today!
Goals from last month
If you read my month zero report (What I Want to Achieve in My First Month of Blogging)
These were my goals for this month:
- Achieve 1000 monthly page views – currently, have 0 – Success! 15 204 Page Views!
- Gain my Pinterest average monthly viewers to 500k – current 322k – Success! my monthly viewers reached to 761k!
- Be a member of 60 Pinterest Group Boards – current 51 – Success! I am a member of 73 Group Boards!
- Grow my Pinterest following to 300 – I currently have 209 followers – Success! I managed to gain 471 total followers!
- Have 25 blog posts published on my blog – I currently have 15 – Success! This is my 26th post!
- Have better-sharing buttons on my blog to make it easy to share and make my content more pinnable – Success! I am using the free Social Warfare plugin and I am pretty happy with it so far
- Add a ‘Related Content’ Plugin to display related content on the bottom of each post – Could be better, I am still on the hunt for the perfect related content plugin. Please suggest me one if you know of a good one!
- Start growing my email list and come up with a freebie for my list – Success-ish! I did start my email list and my freebie but I still have tons to figure out
- Start commenting on other bloggers posts – This was so scary to start but I did comment on a few of my favorite bloggers’ posts. I will try to do that more next month.
- Create a Resources page for all the tools I use for blogging – Fail! This one is still in the works
- Publish at least 2 Original DIY Projects – Fail! I only published one DIY Pink Ombre Wall Art
- Achieve 20 000 monthly page views
- Grow my Pinterest monthly viewers to 1 million
- Grow my Pinterest following to 700 followers
- Publish 6 new blog posts
- Grow my email list to 100 people
Hope you enjoyed my first month income report!
February has been pretty good for me and hopefully, March will be even better!
I am going on a 10 day holiday in March though so hopefully, that won’t slow me down too much. I am currently pre-writing all my content for March so I still have plenty of posts to put up!
Hope you all had a lovely month as well!
Let me know if you reached all of your goals you set for the month?
You May Also Like:
What I Want to Achieve in My First Month of Blogging
4 Secrets Nobody Tells You about Starting A Blog
13 Survey Sites to Make Money From Home Today
ps. if you found this post useful please make sure you pin it for later ↓