If you’re a fan of TikTok food trends, you would have seen the smash burger tacos all over your social media.
Smashed burger tacos, also known as Big Mac Tacos are a super viral recipe that’s basically a mix between a taco and a big mac burger. Imagine the best elements of a smash burger, packed with layers of crispy beef, encased in a crispy tortilla shell, and topped with your favorite toppings.
And the best part?
They’re generously slathered with the irresistible and delicious Big Mac sauce, capturing the essence of your favorite burger joint.
The easy smash burger recipe with tortilla comes together in just 5 minutes and makes the perfect quick lunch or an appetizer that’s perfect to feed a crowd!
Big Mac Smash Burger Taco Recipe
- 12 small flour tortillas – a soft flour tortilla is best for emulating the taste of burger buns.
- 1 pound ground beef – use 80/20 ground beef for juicy burgers.
- salt & black pepper – to season the ground beef.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil – any oil with a neutral taste works great in this recipe.
- 12 slices of American cheese – any melty cheese is great for this recipe such as a slice of cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, or gouda.
- 1/2 white onion – diced into small pieces.
- 24 slices of pickles
- iceberg lettuce – shredded finely.
For the Big Mac sauce:
Feel free to use a store-bought special sauce or make your own by mixing the following ingredients:
How to make the TikTok taco recipe:
Step 1: Make the sauce by mixing together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Step 2: Portion the ground meat into 12 equal portions (about one small handful each) and roll them into a ball.
Step 3: Take the small flour tortilla, press a ball of ground beef on top of it and press flat until it covers the edge of the tortilla in a thin layer. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 4: Heat up a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil and place the tortilla, meat side down onto the pan. Press down with the back of a spatula or a burger press to mimic smash burgers. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the ground beef is browned.
Step 5: Flip the taco over so that it is tortilla side down, place a slice of cheese on top and let it melt for a minute or so.
Step 6: Remove from heat, top with diced onion, shredded lettuce, pickles, and the big mac sauce. Enjoy warm!
What to serve with smash burger tacos?
These big mac smash tacos taste great on their own and 2-3 of them would make a filling lunch or dinner but you can also serve them with some french fries, a healthy avocado salad, smashed potatoes, or some rice on the side of the burger tacos.
You could even serve these as an appetizer at a party! Just make sure to double (or triple) the recipe as they are so good and will get devoured quickly.
More Easy Viral Recipes to Try:
Easy Small Sandwiches for a Party
17 Must-Try Taco Bell Copycat Recipes
Low Calorie Snack – Cucumber Boats
4-Ingredient Upside Down Puff Pastry
Viral Scrambled Oats Recipe
Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe (Without Vodka)
Viral Baked Sushi Cups
13 Healthy Summer Lunch Ideas
31 Easy Healthy Dinner Wraps
For the smashed tacos:
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 1 pound ground beef (453 grams)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 slices of American cheese
- 1/2 white onion finely diced
- 24 slices of pickles
- iceberg lettuce shredded
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Prepare the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide the ground meat into 12 equal portions, approximately one small handful each, and shape them into balls.
- Take a small flour tortilla and place a ball of ground beef on top. Flatten the beef until it covers the edge of the tortilla in a thin layer. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil. Put the tortilla with the meat side down onto the pan. Use the back of a spatula or a burger press to press down, creating a smashed burger effect. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the ground beef is browned.
- Flip the taco over so that the tortilla side is down. Place a slice of cheese on top and allow it to melt for about a minute.
- Remove from heat. Add diced onion, shredded lettuce, pickles, and the Big Mac sauce as toppings. Enjoy the taco while it's still warm!
Use 80/20 ground beef for juicy smashed burger tacos.
Any melty cheese is great for this recipe such as a slice of American cheese, swiss cheese, or gouda. You can even use the processed cheese (or plastic cheese).
Use flour tortillas to best replicate the taste of burger buns.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 13.5gSaturated Fat: 7.1gSodium: 294 mgmgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 0.4gProtein: 20g
I hope you enjoy making these viral smashburger tacos! If you end up trying the recipe, please let me know if you liked it.
Pin this to your PINTEREST board for later!