You are going to love this easy recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Cucumber Boats, the perfect quick summer meal that can be eaten cold.
Inspired by the latest food trends on TikTok, these boats are filled with tender chicken, crunchy veggies, and a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce and sriracha sauce. Best of all, they require no cooking and are perfect for a light lunch, dinner, or a healthy cold lunch for work on a hot summer day.
Teriyaki Chicken Cucumber Boats
These cucumber boats are a great low-calorie snack that is crunchy, fresh, and filling. My favorite thing about these cucumber boats with chicken is that the quick recipe comes together in under 5 minutes when using precooked white rice and shredded chicken.
- Cooked white rice – For filling the cucumbers. You could also use brown rice or cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
- Cooked chicken – For this recipe, I used pre-cooked rotisserie chicken that I cubed up and mixed with teriyaki sauce. This recipe would also work well with canned chicken.
- English cucumber – The long cucumber. Cut in 4, then sliced in half.
- Sriracha sauce – This will give the cucumber boats a nice spicy kick. You can also use hot sauce or any other sauce you like.
How to make:
Step 1: Scoop out the insides – With a small spoon, scoop out the seeds of the cucumber and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Step 2: Fill with rice – About 1-2 tbsp of cooked rice. Press the rice inside the cucumber.
Step 3: Add in chicken – Add about 1 tbsp of cooked chicken on top of the rice, and press down.
Step 4: Add seasonings and sauces– Swirl sriracha sauce on top of the cucumber boats. Serve and enjoy!
I also added some sriracha mayo and everything bagel seasoning but this is optional.
You can store the teriyaki chicken cucumber boats in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 1 day.
I love these chicken cucumber boats as a healthy cold lunch for work! It’s quick to make and can be ready in 5 minutes flat.
Tip: I would also place plastic wrap or aluminum foil on top of these cucumber boats if you are transporting them to work and they might tip and the filling will fall out of the cucumbers.
Related Post: 47 Easy Cold Lunch Ideas
13 Easy Summer Lunch Ideas
31 Quick & Easy Healthy Lunch Wraps for Work
More Easy Recipes:
Sushi Bake Cups With Imitation Crab
Easy Tiktok Burger Taco Recipe
Upside Down Peach Puff Pastry
Cucumber Bites Appetizer Recipe
Easy Ritz Rolo Treats
- 1 medium-sized English cucumber (cut in 3, then sliced in half)
- 1/3 cup of cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup of cooked chicken + 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Sriracha mayo (optional)
- Everything bagel seasoning (optional)
- Prepare the Cucumber: Wash the cucumber thoroughly and cut it in half lengthwise, with a small spoon, scoop out the seeds from each cucumber half, and use a paper towel to pat the inside of the cucumber halves dry.
- Fill with Rice: Take 1-2 tablespoons of cooked rice and gently press it inside each cucumber half.
- Add the Chicken: Place about 1 tablespoon of cooked chicken on top of the rice in each cucumber half, and gently press the chicken down to ensure it stays in place.
- Season to Taste: If desired, drizzle some sriracha sauce on top of the stuffed cucumber boats for added flavor, you can also add a dollop of sriracha mayo and a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your delicious stuffed cucumber boats are ready to be enjoyed! Serve them as a light snack, cold lunch, or an appetizer.
Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g